Adult brazilian jiu jitsu
While Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu was originally meant for learning self-defense, men and women come to class for a variety of reasons. Whether you’re looking to learn self-defense, get in better shape, compete in tournaments, or meet new people and belong to a great community, you’ll find it at Wander Braga BJJ.
Professor Braga is a world-renowned Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner and instructor. He is a 6th-degree black belt under Jorge Pereira and Rickson Gacie. When he is not competing or doing seminars, Professor Braga is in class providing hands-on instruction and coaching along with Iggy Sanchez.
Learn about our programs
BJJ with a gi offers a rich and intricate martial arts experience, emphasizing technical skill, strategy, and adaptability. Practitioners of all skill levels, from beginners to advanced, can benefit from the unique challenges and opportunities presented by training in a gi.
- Practicing discipline and focus
- Learning self-defense foundation
- Physical activity and motor skill development
- Building self-esteem, courage, and confidence
- Friendships with others in the Lake Norman community
No-gi BJJ offers a fast-paced, dynamic, and effective approach to grappling and submissions, focusing on direct control, quick transitions, and fluid movement. It complements gi-based BJJ and provides practitioners with a well-rounded skill set for various martial arts contexts and self-defense situations.
- Adapting to different situations
- Learning alternative ways to control an opponent
- Expanding on the self-defense foundation
- Building confidence and resilience
- Becoming comfortable in the uncomfortable